Saturday, January 1, 2000

Literary Rules for Life

“when faced with a problem you do not understand, do any part of it you do understand, then look at it again.” - Robert Heinlein

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. "
-CS Lewis


"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"'Begin at the beginning,' the King said, very gravely, 'and go on till you come to the end: then stop.'"

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

"Don't Panic."  -Douglas Adams

No comments: